Thursday, April 9, 2009

re: no one should watch the Watchmen

I finally saw Watchmen. So yes this is outdated and irrelevant.

But I was told to share this.
Here is an actual (approx) phone conversation I just had with Ms.Z

Me: So we saw Watchmen instead. It was awful. Just terrible.

Z: I liked it.

Me: No. No, you didn't.

Z: I mean I liked see the graphic novel come to life, the special effects, I liked that part of it.

Me: Well that's not liking it, that's liking the effects. I mean, I liked that too. But that doesn't make it a good movie. Like, as a whole object.

[Sputtering]The soundtrack alone was the most hamfisted, poorly conceived thing I've ever experienced. If the movie was good, I mean, it wasn't but even if it was, the soundtrack alone would have ruined it. Zack Snyder needs to do more than suck the creativity out of middling pieces of art and vomit it onto the screen. That would be good for him to stop.

Z: You should be paid to rant.

[Zofia's actual thought: You should be paid to rant about things that are completely irrelevant and help nobody by existing or being ranted about. which I would do. gladly. call me.]

Scene.

1 comment:

M.Hallat said...

I agree: Worst Soundtrack ever.