Monday, May 18, 2009

re: some poems I wrote

A very long time ago (i.e. several weeks) I wrote these poems and they were put in a journal and I read them and they are ok I guess.

Here are two, and I hope to combine them with some other stanzas into something longer but also I just might talk about doing it.

****

did you see how fast he ran?

how hard she's standing still?

can you hear them quietly screaming?

bleeding all over their invisible blankets?

oh they carry them always.

don't forget, forget.

everyone's falling at that corner

it's what keeps the rent down

***

the cobblestones are a goldmine

tobacco field

respite from glistening others

and from hands reaching

the cobblestones are wet with winter

they are dry and brittle beneath

they aren't being tended

they are breaking slowly

No comments: