Wednesday, July 16, 2008

re: no subject

This blog has no subject. No subject, various formats, and a guiding principle: I come across a piece of art or information that moves me - I write about it here. I foresee arts reviews, brief essays, poems, rants and raves, musings in general. So it'll be basically you know, a blog.

But oh god, no tearful melodrama. That's for my journal and my Mr. Smooches.


There will be (most likely ill) crafted "pieces" as much as "posts" and those going to maintain some traditional print imperatives. If I'm so very lucky, these pieces will have been edited by a peer or colleague already, or maybe the commentators (of which I'm sure there will be few) will be my editors.

So it will be a fight between my inherent (blog friendly) laziness and my snobbish ideas about writing and grammar and the integrity of the written word.

Hmmm, I wonder which will win.

Away we go.

No comments: